Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sun and Moon

Collin has been coloring a lot lately. I notice that his drawings he brings home from school are more precise and the coloring is closer together and deliberate instead of all over the page. Tonight, we were out to dinner with the Harrises and Mimi and Pappy. He was coloring while we waited for our food. I was talking to Aunt Lisa and not paying attention to what Collin was coloring. He taps my on the arm and tells me to look at the moon he drew. I was expecting to look over and see a bunch of one color together. I was wrong. He did draw a crescent moon. I asked if he could draw a sun thinking this would be challenging and also wondered what he would draw. The little stinker drew a sun, a circle with sun rays coming out from it. He drew another one but then colored over it because he did not like it. I was impressed. This was the first time I had seen him draw a scene or at least draw a few different shapes when asked too.

Here is what he drew tonight. I know, only a picture a parent could love but I was really proud of him and he knew it.

No comments: