Saturday, October 9, 2010

Show and Tell

Collin has show and tell at school every Friday. Two weeks ago, it was about Johnny Appleseed. We have a book about apples so Collin brought that to school to show his friends. When I picked him up from school, I asked if his friends liked his book. He said, "Yes, they said "cool" when they saw it". I was not expecting that answer....especially the "cool" part. He repeated this the exact same way when Daddy asked him later that night. Hmmmm....consistency means that might have really been what happened?

This past Friday, he had to bring something related to Christopher Columbus. I printed a picture of a ship with sails, found his toy binoculars and made a pirate hat for him. I told him what the binoculars were for and he was able to pronounce them really well. I wanted him to know so he could tell his friends at school what these were for. When I picked him up, I asked him what his friends thought of his binoculars. He said " they really liked them and then they said they wanted to buy some at the store to bring them to their house Mommy." What a mouthful. Guess the binoculars were a hit.....at least to Collin they were.

Wonder what's next weeks subject? Is Collin having more fun than Mommy with this show and tell thing? :)

No comments: