Monday, October 18, 2010

An Artful Weekend

I have told you already that Collin is really into coloring these days. This morning, he wanted to color before going to school. That's probably because he did not want to go to school.....but he did go anyway.

This weekend, as you have already seen from a prior post, I got the paint out and painted a picture for Saige's birthday. I knew that Collin would want to help me if he saw me doing it so I planned for it. First, I covered the table with drawing paper to 1) protect the table from paint and 2) so Collin could color or draw on it...which he did both. Here he is both days that I painted. The first time, he only wanted to color. That night, he wanted to paint with me. I was impressed that he did not try to touch the wet painting I was working on. I did talk to him about it. Of course, the next morning when he saw it, the first thing he did was to touch it (it was dry) and look at me with that I-know-I-am-doing-something-I-am-not-supposed-to-do-look (it's really cute...and gives him away every time). I acted like it was no big deal and he stopped because the "game" was not working the way he expected it to.

No comments: