Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Staying Dry

Now that Collin is, and has been, doing great with going to the potty on his own during the day, we have been working on him staying dry during the night and nap time. For the last week and a half, he has come home from school in the same clothes that he arrived in. This means that he stayed drying during nap which is HUGE! I have been making a big deal about it when he comes home and I see that he is still in his school uniform.

Before going to bed, I have him go potty and then ask him if he needs to go again after we read some books. Most mornings, his pull-up is wet. Last night, he woke me up because he needed to go potty. At least he recognized that he needed to go, woke up and decided he needed some help. This morning, he pull-up was barely wet. Maybe we are making progress? Right now, I am not interested in the "technique" of letting him go to bed in his underwear to see what it feels like waking up in a wet bed. Too much of a hassle for us right now. I like the "dry approach" better as of right now.

No comments: