Friday, June 25, 2010

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Collin continues to be obsessed with watching Mickey Mouse. Here are some examples:
  • In the morning, he does sometimes say good morning before ordering cereal and to watch Mickey Mouse
  • My new car has a DVD player in it. For long trips, I have bought or put in my car a few DVDs for Collin to watch. I knew once I showed him what those screens do in the back seat, he would request to watch it every time we get in the car. The first movie we played was "Shrek" so now he asks for Shrek and the donkey. I also did buy a cheap Mickey Mouse DVD. Once he watched this one, it was not left in my car. He wanted it in the house and this is the one he requests over and over again. He refers to it as Mickey Mouse Pink because the coloring in the DVD is really off. The red shows up as pink....and there is a lot of pink in this video. He does not care though.
  • During the week, Mickey Mouse does come on about the time he is eating his breakfast so he is able to watch the one that is playing on the TV. If he gets up earlier that morning, Daddy will tell him that Mickey Mouse is on in 20 minutes if Collin asks to watch it now. On the weekends, Mickey Mouse is on a little later. He will ask to watch it and then say "it's on in 20 minutes" no matter when it's really on. Most of the time, it really IS on in 20 minutes so I think this is funny.
  • He does continue to sleep with Mickey or Mickey is at least in his room. Mickey has yet to replace Monkey. Somehow, I don't think ANYTHING will replace Monkey

Collin's birthday is coming up. Most of his buddies have had a Thomas the Train theme. Collin likes to play with trains and cars. However, I am thinking I will have a Mickey Mouse party for him this year.

No comments: