Sunday, June 6, 2010

Another day, same helmet


The first thing Collin did this morning after giving me a kiss and telling me "good morning Mommy", he looked around the living room for his helmet, put it on and ordered (yes, he is a toddler, remember) me to put Mickey Mouse on the TV. He then asked for milk so that he was set to watch his favorite cartoon. He had Monkey, Milk and, now, the new addition in his life...his helmet. He wore it until we got into the car to get breakfast and then the grocery store. I thought for sure he would want to wear it while we were shopping for groceries but he did not want to. When I was getting him out of the car, he asked me to put his helmet in the front seat. Really? I was fine with that.....no one would be staring at us and wondering what happened that he has to wear his helmet.....or that I was a WAY too overprotective mom. When we were checking out, a lady behind us said he was spoiled because I was letting him pay for the groceries. Is she kidding? I was teaching him that we have to pay for things and also cannot have whatever we want. She did get "the look" from me. That was enough.....I was not going to let her spoil our day.

While in the store, Collin noticed a teenage boy with his pants hanging off his bottom and his boxers hanging out. He asked me and then asked the boy "why are his pants like that?" The boy did not answer but I looked at him as said "well, it is a good question from a little kid". Collin did not understand this fashion either.

Daddy came home to get some rest before Steph's birthday party. We dropped Collin off and went to an art studio to learn to pant a particular picture. We had a great time and learned that it was not as hard as it sounds. Here we are with our paintings:

No comments: