Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Don't Talk to Me!"

Collin has been telling us "don't talk to me", "I am not talking to you right now" or "I'm not talking right now" when he is not interested in listening to what we have to say. I don't know if he learned this from a buddy at school or if he thought of this himself.

For instance, on the way to school, Collin told Daddy after Daddy was asking him some questions, "I am not talking right now". Daddy just turned the music up and did not talk to him the rest of the way to school until Collin was ready to talk again. What a brat! Then, tonight, I was getting Collin ready to go to bed. He was mad that I got him out of the bath after being in there over 30 minutes. He quit crying enough to yell at me, "Don't talk to me" when I told him to quit crying. I let him know that was not nice to tell me, Daddy, Mimi or his teachers that. This did not make him happy.

It's this a glimpse of what living with a 3-year old will be like?

No comments: