Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Phrases

Collin does not say "no" anymore. Please, don't be happy for us just yet. "No" has turned into "no way" now. Here is how our morning went:

Mommy: Collin, let's put your clothes on so you can go to school.
Collin: No way.
Mommy: Don't you want to see your friends?
Collin: No way.
Mommy: If you don't put your clothes on, you will have to go in your PJs to school.
Collin: No way.
Mommy: Well, then let's get dressed. Daddy is waiting.
Collin: Daddy is waiting. (then he finally comes over so I can get him dressed).

Later today when I picked him up from school, he asked me on the way to the car, "how are you doing, Mommy?". I responded that I was doing good now that I got to see him. When we got home, he asked me the same thing when I was cooking dinner. I told him that I was hungry. He said, "Me too. I want cranberries" (which is really gummy fruit). They must have been teaching this at school today or last week.

No comments: