Sunday, January 3, 2010

Making Dinner

Collin is self-sufficient when it comes to dinner. Tonight, we were on the couch visiting with friends that stopped by. He turned to me and said "eat" and then pushed me off the couch. He then went to the pantry and wanted me to get him a snack. I told him he needed to get his stool and get his own snack.....so he did. He got his stool from the laundry room, put it under the cabinet door of the pantry with his snacks and got some cranberries.

After he ate the cranberries, he was still hungry and wanted me to help him with something else to eat. I again told him to get his stool. He opened the freezer, pulled out a waffle, used the stool to put it in the toaster and then pushed the lever down on the toaster to heat the waffle. When it was done, he wanted my help to get it out of the toaster because it was "hot". I pulled it out and he wanted it on a plate "to cool down". I was watching the entire time and could not believe it.

No comments: