Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Collin is growing up and becoming a little person

Yep Collin is getting older and starting to make decisions. So now before we do anything we give him options and he decides what he wants to do. This is great except when there is only one option as he does not understand this and gets frustrated. He can talk pretty well mostly in complete sentences and communicates his thoughts pretty well. But not everything trasnlates the way his brain is thinking it and so he gets mad.
Night time is the most fun as he really hates going to bed. As mentioned before he knows that bathtime leads to brushing teeth then to bed. SO when you mention bath time he goes bonkers but the real show starts when it is time to climb into bed.
This all said I am amazed whenever he makes a decision and it is usually a good one. But man when he does not get what he wants it is a real barn burner. Laura is best at working him through this and I am learning the best thing to do is ask him questions and provide two answers that he can choose from. Whenever I do this it becomes his choice and then he can fight me.

By The Way, I also think he fights me more because of the Man thing and he is jealous of me with his Mommie but we knew this was coming.

No comments: