Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Daddy took me swimmin, Yippee!!!








So I took Collin for his first Swim lesson this morning. He has 3 more. Collin did great with no fear. Swimmin is a lot of fun. Collin really enjoyed slapping the water. He was not afraid of the water at all and we had a great time. To the surprise of the instructor Collin did not cry or have a problem going under the water, in fact he did it 3 times with a smile on his face each time.
We played Ring around the rosies, Humpty Dumpty and had a great time. Collin learned how to climb out of the water which was fun because she had me put a toy just out of reach outside the pool so he would reach for it and go to it. He did just that and I can see that it will help his climbing the stairs at home game, out. Today was fun and Collin is a champ that did a great job.
When it was time to go under water I would blow in his face and then dunk and pull him towards me and then back up. Collin Kept his eyes open the whole time, something I can not do and have never been able to do. Laura is planning to come with me to the Thursday Class and hopefully she will have time to get in the water, it was great teaching him this new activity. This time Collin's Mimi came and took pictures for us. I can not wait to get him in to her pool at her house this summer. It will be alot of fun watching him grow and swim.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Yay Collin! It sounds like some great Daddy/Son bonding.. at your request Chris, I signed up Tony/Matthew for Saturday classes in June at the MAC.