Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tummy Time Update - By Collin



Mommy has been really busy lately so I thought I would help her write something on my blog since she has not had a chance to yet. I gotta tell you, I am really liking this tummy time thing these days. I did not really care for it before because I would get tired quick and my face would end up in the drool I left on the blanket (or whatever I was laying on). I heard mommy tell daddy recently about the poses she does in yoga. I am not sure how to do Down Dog yet but I figured out Airplane Sunday afternoon. Instead of just pushing up on my arms like I usually do (The Cobra), I lifted my legs and arms up so only my tummy was touching the floor. This was a lot of fun and caused mommy to smile and clap her hands. I like it when I make her happy. I did this a few times for her to take some pictures and then quit before all of the pressure on my tummy caused me to have to get a diaper change. hehe

Then, Monday, Mimi, the Tummy Time Nazi, put me on my tummy three different times. Instead of Airplane, I got on my knees a little each time. I think that made her nervous because I could hear her tell mommy what I did and then she said "oh no, crawling is next!". I think I will wait a little while for that. My knees hurt after doing it too many times.
Oh, mommy wanted me to tell you that I LOVE avocados! For the last three nights, mommy has mixed this in my rice cereal and I could not get enough of it! Either it was the avocado or I was just REALLY hungry the last few days but I need to be sure mommy knows to keep the avocado coming. Maybe this will keep her from giving me the butternut squash I saw her making this past Sunday afternoon for me. She put it in the freezer...so maybe she will forget about it. I know!!! I can distract her by doing something else new during tummy time!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hello Collin, I love your blog. I hope that in a couple of weeks I will be doing the same. Congratulations on the airplane.. I have started to do that too, but my mommy calls it skydiving. I hope you are enjoying Tuesday with Daddy. I am spending yet another day with my Mommy.. she puts me in my exersaucer whenever she gets on a conference call.. I am not sure I like that.

Your Bud, Matthew..