Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tuesday With Daddy


Today was the first day Collin and I did not gel so well. Although I think he was not feeling so well and his tummy might of hurt. We are trying to give him some of the Breast Milk we had frozen before we learned of the Lactose(Milk) issue. So I think this is causing his tummy to be upset and he is irritable and whiny. We did the usual Honey Do's then we met a friend for lunch and then we came home and played. Collin did not sleep much so our Tuesday naps were out the window.
We did Tummy Time alot and Collin is sitting up. It is neat to see him do new things, something simple like reaching for his pacifier or anything that is in his sight gives me alot of joy. You can also see the sense of accomplishment in his face. He has the cutest smile and I like seeing him smile. Collin really enjoys standing as well. Most of my time with him is holding him up and playing with him in the air. I throw him in the air and catch him and he giggles and laughs. I think we have a little extreme athlete on our hands. Also it is funny when he is about to cry and I start to laugh, he can go either way, cry or laugh. If he laughs it is loud and screechy, but if he crys it is with intensity and he really knows how to sell it.
At night we have a routine, Laura and I double team him and feed him solid foods. I work the spoon and food and Laura works the bottle. You have to wash it down with milk so it gets all the way down. About half of it ends up on the outside of his body. We scoop it up and put it back in the mouth for a second and third try. It finally makes it but not fast enough for Collin. He is used to the Bottle that he can control the pace of the food. We like the new eating habits as it really knocks him out for the night and we are getting good sleep. Collin is an active sleeper and it is always fun to see what position he will be in the next morning. When I wake up in the morning it is to Collins Coo's this is the best alarm clock ever. He plays for a while then when he gets bored he lets out a screech/cry. Then we start the whole day over again. What a great way to start a day.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Super Baby! Collin will probably be a skydiver in addition to a triathelete. Sorry you didn't get a nap, Daddy.