Friday, March 17, 2017

More Skiing = Fun + Tired + Hungry


Yesterday, the boys went skiing ALL DAY including night skiing.  After ski school, Collin still had plenty of energy left in him so Dad skied a few runs with Collin including getting in a few blue (intermediate) runs.  While on the ski lift, Collin told Dad that he is skiing better because he sings a song to himself as he is going down the mountain.  He said it helps him keep a rhythm. I love that!  When I talked to him that night, I forgot to ask him what song(s) he was singing to himself.  We did talk about how I skied for the first time about the same age and still remember that experience (the Christmas I just turned 10 (1980).  I learned in Keystone, CO).  He liked that he is 9 and younger than I was when I learned to ski.  I did not bother to tell him that his Aunt Lisa was 6 years old when she learned.....I am not THAT mean.  :)






Here are some quick videos of Collin skiing.  I can see him swaying back and forth as he skis.  Is that because of the song he is singing or is that to control the skis?  Either way, he still looks great for Day 2 of skiing.





Another time on the lift, Dad told Collin about the story of us getting engaged on the mountain because Collin did not know I have skied before (this was before I talked to him that night).  The conversation started because Dad mentioned Collin and I could ski together when we come back to ski for Christmas.  Dad told him that we had stopped halfway down the mountain(Copper Mountain, CO) to get some hot cocoa and warm up before skiing again.  When we went back outside, he stopped, knelt down right there in the snow and asked me to marry him.  Someone was there to take pictures of the whole thing.  Here he is when he first knelt:




Collin especially liked hearing why Dad asked Mimi before we even took the trip if he could marry me.  Why did Dad need Mimi's approval?  Dad explained that it's the right thing to do to tell the girl's parents before you ask the girl to marry you. 




Later that night, the friends from our the neighborhood (the ones we did not know where skiing athe same mountain) came over to the house for dinner and to hang out.  I know that must have been nice for everyone. 


They plan to ski a half day today and then go back to the house to pack and rest before driving back home Saturday morning starting at 4am. 

No comments: