Sunday, January 29, 2017

Busy Weekend

We had a really busy weekend starting Friday. 


Friday - We met some friends for dinner that we have not seen since the end of the tackle football season. Clayton played on Collin's team.  It was great to see his family and catch up.


Saturday - Collin went to a baseball skills clinic while I went to yoga.  He was signed up for this class before he broke his thumb so we were not sure how much he could participate in.  Turns out, there was a running drills section of the clinic which Collin ended up doing twice because he could not throw a ball.  Mimi came over for several hours.  It was good to see her.  She went with us to run some errand consisting of picking up my race packet for a duathlon in the morning and going to another bike shop to replace my cycling glasses that lost the fight with the basketball.  In between the two bike shop stops, we went to a local bakery for a treat.  Collin got two cake pops and Mimi and I shared a pecan square.  It was nice to just sit and people-watch.  That night, Collin, Dad and I went to the theater to watch The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.  We thought it was important to expose Collin to the theater like this.  We enjoyed the questions and the comments about his observations.  I had not seen the theater like he was seeing it so I was grateful to share this experience with him.  The play started at 8pm and was over at 10:40pm.  Collin was going strong until about 10:30pm when I heard some light snoring.  He made it so much longer than we both expected!


Sunday -  While I raced in the duathlon, Collin and Dad went to the grocery store and continued to paint their Pinewood Derby cars.  These have to be ready by Friday for the official weigh-in and then the race Saturday.  After I got home and got cleaned up, Collin wanted to show me his BB guns he got from the neighbor that did not want them anymore.  He liked showing me how good his aim was from several different distances.  When then went to his Odyssey of the Mind meeting. His team has only 3 more meetings until the presentation.  There were some struggles today that they will need to work out before the presentation.  Collin ended the evening with basketball practice before resting for the evening.


Looking forward to a great week!
Collin's car is the camo one and Dad's is the arrow.  Lookin great so far!

Setting up for a great shot.  Love the left leg in the air!

Concentrating on his aim

What boy would not have fun doing this?

"Hey Mom, did you see that I hit the ball?"
My goofy friend in the back photo bombing me.  She owes me a LOT of these. 



No comments: