Saturday, January 7, 2017

Rock Climing with Friends

Because all sports were canceled today because of the cold weather, what were we going to do to entertain and wear out a bunch of boys?  How about some rock climbing?  Yeah!  The boys were really excited about this.  They had all been before because of a recently birthday party.  We picked up a few friends and other met us at the indoor gym. 


I had not seen Collin climb before so it was fun to watch him pick his next "rock" to use and climb up the wall.  He was not as fast as some of his other friends nor did he want to go as high but, he still did really well.  Dad and I were trained to belay the climbers which means we held the rope, took up the slack and helped the climber come back down the wall when they were ready.  I was not prepared for an arm workout, but I sure got one....and a few blisters on my fingers.  Collin LOVED that I was doing this so it was really worth it.
Collin at the start of his first climb
There he goes
I love the concentration in this picture
Here is how big the gym is.  Several spots for kids and adults to climb together.
Dad in the lower right belaying William, one of Collin's friends
Here I am belaying Collin

No comments: