Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Caught Enjoying Chores

We have had Collin clean the table every time after dinner and then wash the dishes.  He does not complain too much about carrying the dishes to the sink or unloading and putting away the clean dishes.  However, he really does not like to wash the dishes.  I get it.  I did not like washing dishes when I was his age...especially washing food off a plate that someone else ate off of.  I thought it was so disgusting!  Therefore, I can empathize with him when he is rinsing off an especially dirty plate.  I do step in and clean an extra dirty dish like a banana bread pan (I admit that DOES look nasty) but only when he is not looking so that he does not think I will step in when he asks.


Tonight, he did not complain about doing the dishes.  He even said, "This is fun and reminds me when we did this together when I was little."  I agree and thought this was a nice observation.  He politely asked if I could help him put the rinsed dishes in the dishwasher as he cleaned them.  It really was nice to spend this time together especially because he was in a good mood about it and not complaining.




I especially like this picture because he is standing like I do when I do the dishes.

No comments: