Friday, January 6, 2017

Elementary Lunch - Very Interesting and Lively

Having lunch at school with Collin and his buddies is always very interesting.  We have talked about the election, the president, the weather, sports, plans for the weekend...and even the food they have for lunch.  It's never dull....and I look forward to getting in the car so my ears will stop ringing from the noise and questions thrown at me.


I had lunch with Collin yesterday.  He did not know I was going to be there and was happily surprised when I showed up to his table. I asked where I would sit, he gave me a hug and then made a buddy scoot over so I could have some room.  I brought a sandwich and some chips, purposely picking out chips I knew he would like.  Collin's first comment was about my hair and wanting his friends to see it.  I was caught off guard by that one because I really did not think it was a big deal nor did I think his friends really cared.  I had just highlighted my hair the day before at Dad's request because my hair was getting really dark.  When I came home that night, Collin saw me, stopped what he was doing and said "Mom, your hair!  I love it!  Turn around so I can see all of the colors."  He said he liked the way it went from light brown to darker brown starting from the top of my head down.  He must have wanted to show his friends this too.  We then talked about basketball and the upcoming games on Saturday.  Some of his friends are on his team and the others are on the other team from the school.  Two of the boys don't currently play basketball but were interested in our conversation.  I did also learn that Collin drinks his applesauce up so including a spoon is a waste.  He did request Jell-O once the applesauce cups are gone...."the red or green kind".  OK, we have tried that before and he did not eat it.  Maybe he does not remember or he is wanting to give it a try again.  We talked about various other things and then it was time to clean up.  The 30 minutes really did go by fast.


Collin and Will

No comments: