Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

I am not sure his reason why but Daddy let me know before I got home that Collin wanted to go to the Pumpkin Patch....tonight!  I knew when I got home and the first thing he asked was "Can we go to the Pumpkin Patch?" that he was not going to forget his request from earlier that day.  Grandma H was at the house because she took him to gymnastics.  After he showed me a hand stand attempt twice which was more like a cartwheel, we loaded up in the car and headed to the Patch.  Grandma H said she had never been so it was good that she was able to join us.

We have been going to this same Patch for 3 years now.  Collin is a pro at it now and knows the purpose of being there.  He wanted to pick a pumpkin out for our house, Grandma H and school.  I was also going to get one for Mimi but they were low on good medium size pumpkins.  After climbing on the cart he has to climb on every year, we set out to search for the pumpkins we wanted to take home.  Collin was really particular this year and explained that the pumpkins had to have a long stem on them.  I usually like ones with little ones or even without a stem so this should be fun.  After about 20 minutes of looking around, we selected a good group of pumpkins and brought them home.  He will decorate them this weekend.  He is really looking forward to that. 

Great bunch of pumpkins!  Collin can tell you which house each one of these belongs to. 



Grandma H pointing out a good pumpkin.  I think we did end up bringing this one home with us.

He kept coming back to this one because he could see what the pumpkin looked like inside.

See the foot Grandma H?  It's back there!

No comments: