Thursday, October 25, 2012

1st Pre-K Parent Conference

We met with Ms Hansen this afternoon to talk about Collin and how he is doing in class.  Her summary report was "Collin loves to make his friends laugh.  We are working on following directions right away.  We are also working on keeping our hands to ourself.  Please continue working on recognizing letters and sounds."

Oh really?  Collin is a "cut-up" in class.  I know exactly where he got that from.....nope, not his Daddy.  I love to make people laugh and feel at ease.  I like the be the center of attention...when I want to be.  This is how Collin and I interact in addition to joking around with each other.  My little jokester is taking that to school with him and I should not be surprised.  I am not surprised that he pushes Ms Hansen's buttons and does not always follow directions.  For example, she says that she will ask him to stop doing something and he will do it just one more time OR she will ask another kid in class to stop or do something else and then Collin will do the opposite of what she is asking.  This is not regularly but enough for her to point it out to us.

He did really well understanding parts of a book, sentences and other questions related to books.  He also did well with numbers, colors and shapes.  None of this surprised me because he is interested in learning these things.  He DOES need to work on his letters, both lower and upper case.  I am not surprised by this at all.  He has never been interested in writing or working on learning about his letters.  She gave us a few suggestions and we will start working on these more to see how much he improves the next time she tests him.

No comments: