Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Come Find Me Mommy!"

Collin has loved to play hide-n-seek since he was 2.  This love has not changed.....just the seeking has gotten harder.  He has found some really good hiding places and also learned to not talk to the seeker when he is hiding.

His favorite spot is under the bed.  This is also where is wet towel and occasionally diaper will end up.  I now have to look under the bed when cleaning his room or if there is a smell.

Last night was no exception to wanting to hide.  I am sure it was because it was close to bed time and he knew it.  I followed him down the hall as he was running to his room.  By the time he got to his room, he was well hidden.  Where did that stinker go?  I was just behind him.  I did finally find him under the bed.  Since he did that so fast, I asked him to show me how he does it so fast.  He was happy to do so.  He got up and started from the door to his room, ran around to the front of the bed, dropped to his belly, and then head first, inched his way quickly under his bed within 20 seconds.  "That was fast!" I told him and he was really proud of that.  I then put pillows in the way of that entry and asked him what he would do if there were pillows in the way.  Thinking he would enter from the side, he surprised me when he ran around to the front, threw the pillows out of the way and made it under the bed in seconds again.  Hmmmm......this kiddo is determined to hide and get to his favorite spot.  He liked the "what if" game and then blocked the side of the bed. 

We played for about 15 minutes longer before it was time to go to bed.  Daddy came home about this time so this was another welcomed distraction for Collin....and it worked.  We did not have time to read books so I laid with him in bed while he played "dead" which is another favorite of his...and he is really good at it.  You would think this would wear him out because he was shutting his eyes and being as still as he could but it didn't.  He did finally relax and fell asleep. 

No comments: