Friday, October 19, 2012

Here Come the Questions

"Mommy, what does 'comfort' mean?" after hearing the word on the radio.

"What does 'suicide' mean?" after hearing the word on TV (that's Daddy for watching that TV program.....)

"Why is this cheese flat?' when he was unwrapping a piece of sliced cheese.

Collin is asking more and more questions especially about what words means.  He is learning a letter a week at school, how that letter is all around him in life and sentence structure.  Instead of guessing what I meant (or ignoring me all together ... which still does happen), he listens and then asks questions about words I or someone else near him used.  I love this and enjoy explaining the words to him and then watch his face and see him thinking about what I just told him. 

No comments: