Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tball and an Ironman Race

Collin's last Tball game was Saturday.  Daddy and I could not go so Grandma H came to our house to take Collin to his last game.  She did great finding the baseball game location.  She said that Collin did great in the game getting to bat four times.  She said he hit the ball really well and ran fast to the bases.  I saw that he had really dirty uniform so I asked what happened.  he apparently went to dive in for the ball and one of his teammates, Sarah Beth, fell on him.  I am sure I left out the details but he ended up getting dirty.  I am sure he had fun doing it.

I met up with Grandma H and Collin at a local bakery to celebrate the end of the season and so he could get his trophy.  Before the awards, we picked out a bakery good.  Collin picked up vanilla bean ice cream, Grandma H got a cherry cheese cake and I picked out cream brulee.  It was yummy!  Collin played with his teammates a little before the awards.  He was one of the first kids to get his trophy.  He was SOO proud of it especially because his name was on it.  Can't you tell in these pictures?
Receiving his trophy from Coach Brian

Showing off his trophy
After the award ceremony, Collin went with Grandma H while I headed North to meet up with Daddy to volunteer at an Ironman race.  I was there for over 6 hours handing out fruit to the racers running or walking by.  I was in awe at the people racing by because at this point in the race, they have already swam 2.4 mi and ridden a bike for 112 mi.  They were all now running 26.2 mi.  I would never dream of training for something like that but there were plenty of people that did and were doing great at it.  There were many racers I knew.  I was so glad to be there to cheer and, at times, encourage them to keep pushing through to the end.  Daddy and I stayed until the very end at the finish line and finally checked into our room after midnight.  A long day but worth every minute.

No comments: