Saturday, May 26, 2012

Breakfast and then......A Pony Ride?

I told Collin last night that on vacation, he can wake up whenever he wants.  I was just hoping for an extra few minutes of sleep this morning when I said that.  Well, I did get to sleep in until 7:45am.  I heard Collin get out of the roll-a-way bed that he was sleeping in, walk over to the window and look outside where he road his bike yesterday.  He came back over to me and said he slept in but it was time to get up.  We all did eventually wake up. 

After eating a quick, small breakfast, we got into the shuttle and headed to the Ranch so Collin could ride a pony.  Before we got there, he announced that he wanted to ride the white pony.  Not knowing there would be a white pony to chose from, I told him that we would have to see if one was available.  Well, there was and his name was Strawberry.  Strawberry was the a big pony but Collin still wanted to ride him.  So far...so good.  He was not scared to get on the pony either.  Instead of walking around in a circle, the ponies were lead around the woods and the ranch for about 20 minutes.  There were times that we could not see Collin and then times we could.  When we did, he always had a big smile on his face. 


Petting Strawberry

Heading out for his ride

Coming back from the top of the hill

After the ride, Daddy found some lasso's and started playing with them.  Hmmm....did he know what he was doing?  Sure looked like it...at first until he threw it and missed his target by several feet.  After trying a few more times, Daddy did get it.  Collin tried just one or two times and gave up.



Tangled up in the rope

There was another little girl there named Ashland that also rode a pony.  Collin did not think anything of her or even notice her, at least I thought, until we were waiting for the shuttle to take us back to the hotel.  While waiting, the two of them introduced themselves and put a puzzle together.  The shuttle did arrive.  As we were getting on, Collin told me that he wanted to sit by Ashland and he headed to the back to sit with her.  Listening to their conversation was entertaining.

Collin:  "I am 4 years old and will have my birthday in 3 days" .....More like 2 1/2 months buddy.
Ashland: "I am already 5"
Collin:  "Saige is 4 1/2 and she lives in a new house"
Ashland:  "I live in a house.  Oh no, this road is really bumpy"
Collin:  "It's making me roll around and around!"

This went on the entire ride back to the hotel.  They were laughing and rolling around having a good time.  Looks like this vacation is off to a great start.

No comments: