Monday, May 7, 2012

Mother's Day Song

For the last week, Collin has been signing a song that I recognized a few of the lyrics.  Until the song came on the radio, I could not think of who sang it.  The group is One Direction and the lyrics Collin knows every word to are:

You're insecure
Don't know what for
You're turning heads when you walk through the door
Don't need make up
To cover up
Being the way that you are is enough
Everyone else in the room can see it
Everyone else but you


[Chorus]
Baby you light up my world like nobody else
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed (Collin says "overwell")
But when you smile at the ground it aint hard to tell
You don't know
Oh Oh
You don't know you're beautiful


If only you saw what I can see
You'll understand why I want you so desperately
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe
You don't know
Oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful
Oh oh
That what makes you beautiful

I cannot wait to hear him sing this song Friday morning with his classmates during Mother's tea.

Here is the card he brought home tonight from Spanish class.  The inside of the card says "La mamma es bonita" which means "My Mommy is beautiful".  I know Collin means this because he tells me frequently that I am beautiful.  I might need to remind him of this when he is a teenager.


No comments: