Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Tea at School

I could not have asked for a better morning!  My son sang to me (and he was signing right at me) during the Mother's Day celebration this morning.  Unlike the prior year's were he was barely singing and looked down, he was in the front, swaying back and forth and singing as loud as he could.  I was so proud!  Several mommies looked back at me when Collin would sing especially loud, look at me and smile the biggest smile.  I could tell he was happy to have me there.  Glad that all of the practicing he has been doing paid off enough to share he singing with everyone.  I was surprised though that his pretend microphone (his hand in a fist close to his mouth) did not make an appearance.  That would have been too funny.



After they finished singing 3 songs, they each brought us snacks of pound cake, banana and a cookie with a small cup of sweet tea.  Collin then brought me a flower vase he painted with flowers included in it.  Collin enjoyed explaining to me why he chose the colors he did and that he did not put the water in the bottle.  He wanted my pound cake and asked me "you don't like that do you?"  I knew he wanted it so I let him eat it. 




He saw his friends getting their picture taken with other friends and he wanted to do the same.  Here he is with Cheyenne (far right) who he talks about all the time.  I am sure he is going to miss her next year. 

No comments: