Monday, January 3, 2011

Sleeping Routine Update

Tonight, I talked to him again about being a big boy and staying in his room.  After reading him some books and singing a few songs, I left his light on but dimmed slightly that is by his bed.  I put a few books on his bed for him to look through if he wanted to.  He asked me several times to stay in his room and lay on the floor.  I told him that I was leaving after I gave him a kiss.  He, of course, did not like to hear that and started to cry.  I told him that I was leaving but that I would be back in 10 minutes to check on him.  He did not like this. 

He got out of bed several times as I headed to the door to leave.  He eventually did stay in his room but cried on his bed.  I heard this from outside the door and it was SOOO hard to hear this.  I did want to scoop him up and give him a big hug but knew that this was best for both of us.  He stopped crying after about a minute, crawled over to the books on his bed and looked through one of them.  He held the book and laid there a little while.  He then pulled the covers over him and fell asleep within 10 minutes of me leaving his room.  This was MUCH better than last night.  It took MANY times of him getting up from his bed to eventually stay in his room.  Maybe we are making progress.  Let's hope so....because I really hate doing this.

No comments: