Sunday, January 23, 2011

Race Day

While Collin was spending the morning with his friends, I was racing in a duathlon.  This one was a 3 mile run, 15 mile bike and 2 mile run.  This was similar to the one I did in October but this one was a longer distance and MUCH colder.  It was 47 and did not warm up that much.  It was supposed to be 39 when I was looking at the weather earlier in the week so 47 was a "heat wave".  hahaha.  I finished the race with a time of 1:41 which was 10 for the age group they put me in.  I thought I did really well for the amount of training I am able to do.  I look forward to the next race.  Daddy was there too because the bike shop organized the race. He was on the microphone most of the time.  He is entertaining while doing this a such a natural. 

After the race, I was dropped off at the house to get cleaned up (finally!) while Daddy picked Collin up from Saige's house.  I could tell he had fun.  He told me about the donut holes he ate for breakfast and his teacher that morning (he was in Sunday School at church).  All three of us took a much needed nap for almost 2 hours.  We had a quick lunch, and then went to the grocery store.  Collin was a little turd and probably could have used a longer nap.

That night, we went over to a friend's house for dinner.  Each couple was at the race that morning and either ran in the race or supported someone in the race.  You would not have guessed it based on the energy levels though....probably because we all had toddlers there.  Collin had fun playing with his new friends.  All were boys except for the token little girl.  She did really well hanging out with the boys.  There were several fights, lots of tears but mostly lots of fun.  Collin ate salmon tonight and really liked it.
We left before 9pm and Collin was in bed about 30 minutes after that.  What a weekend!  I am ready for work just so I can sit in one place.....but, the weekend really was over WAY too fast.  I had a blast with my family.

1 comment:

Angy said...

So happy to hear you did so well at the race! Way to go Laura!