Thursday, January 20, 2011

Random Collin Comments and Actions

Collin continues to entertain and surprise us with what he says or his actions.  Here are a few things I can think of that he has done in the last few days.  Some of these he has been doing or saying for months now but never made it to a blog entry (hey, this momma is tired during the week).
  • Collin will be doing something and then stop to say, "Mommy, I guess I love you" or "Daddy, I guess I love you".  You guess?  Well, we KNOW we love you!
  • He frequently says "I said ......."  Not sure why he is saying "I said" before the rest of the sentence because it's the first time he had said whatever he just said.  It's usually announced with an attitude too.  For instance, the other day, we were headed to the bath down the hall.  He stops, turns around and says "I said I don't want to take a bath Mommy!".  Too bad little guy!
  • One of my favorites is him giving me or whomever he is talking to do something or not.  He says "You can sit by me to eat if you want.  If you don't, then don't.  OK Mommy?".  So...they typical phrase is "You can xxxx if you want.  If you don't, then don't."  I don't think either Daddy or I use a phrase similar to this so not sure where it came from but it makes me smile every time he does it.  I think it's the way he finishes with "If you don't, the don't" and if to say "do it or not. I don't really care".
Last night, I got Monkey tag instructions.  When Collin was a newborn, we noticed he loved tags.  I had read somewhere that some babies find it comforting to run their fingers on a soft tag.  Monkey, Collin's bed buddy, has a tag and it's been rubbed for 3 years now.  I thought for sure that it would be shredded by now but it's held up really well through all of the rubbing it gets.  I have asked Collin several times why he does it and he does not answer.  I don't think he likes the question or he does not know why he does it so I don't ask often.  Last night, I held Monkey and started to rub his tag like Collin does.  I was not sure if he would notice but he did.  He took Monkey from me and told me that I was doing it wrong and then showed me how to do it.  I thanked him and tried not to laugh.  I will have to remember to do it Collin's way the next time.

He is really loving gymnastics and doing really well.  Last night, Daddy said that he did really good with his tumbling.  He also bravely slide down this 6ft tall slide like thing into a pit of large square sponges.  He was last to do it because he wanted to see his classmates do it first.  When I got home, I asked him how gymnastics was.  Instead of telling me, he started to demonstrate tumbling for me.  We were in my closet which does have carpet but not very padded.  He put his head on the carpet and told me it did not feel good.  Then e climbed on my bed and started to show me how to tumble, giving me step by step instructions.  "First, you have to hold your arms up like this (showing me how) and then you put your head down on the bed" and then he flipped over.  He showed me a few more times.....doing a great job.  We might have found something he really likes.  We'll have to see how the rest of the sessions go.

No comments: