Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving weekend

Friday, we actually were out shopping on Black Friday. I cannot remember when I did this last or if I ever did. The crowds were not that bad because it was really cold and raining. We went out with Daddy first to Sears but did not get anything. Daddy earlier went out and brought back a pre-lit Christmas tree. The one we have been using is about 16 years old, not pre-lit and it a one-branch-at-a-time tree. It's VERY time consuming but looks great when I am finished. I just don't have that time anymore, so I broke down and had Daddy get a new one.


We pulled down the decorations from the attic and Collin had so much fun digging in the boxes and pulling stuff out. I would hear every 5 minutes "Look what I found Mommy!" or "Mommy, this is my favorite" (he is using the word "favorite" a lot these days...I don't mind when he includes me as his favorite". Before we had all of the boxes down, Collin had already found my snowmen (I LOVE snowmen decorations) and had them all lined up on his book shelf. He then found the nutcracker collection and lined these up in the kitchen on the island. He did not know that this was not practical for Mommy to work around while cooking. I moved them but he did not mind......yeah! Here he is admiring the decorated tree.











For a break, we went to Hobby Lobby to see what decorations they had for sale. Everything was 50% off so we both had fun picking out new tree decorations (these needed some updating) and other decorations for the house. Again, the crowd was not bad at all. All of the shopping wore Collin out. He ended up taking a nap on the couch.


Saturday, we spent most of the day at Matthew's house. At first, the boys played next to each other or at least in the same room but not together. We know that like playing with each other so thought it would take time for them to warm up to each other. Jacob, Matthew's 7-month old brother, was scooting around and wanted to play. Collin was not interested in Jacob playing with him and would pick up what he was playing with when Jacob would get near. One time, Jacob slobbered on Collin's sleeve. The look on Collin's face was hilarious when he saw what Jacob did. He then wiped of the snot with his other hand and told me that "I need to wash my hands now" while shaking his head up and down as to say "yes".


After lunch, the boys went outside to play on Matthew's new swing set. Collin did great at distracting Matthew from the wet sandpit and showed Matthew new games to play with the ball. Yes, Collin taught him how to throw the ball on the roof and let it roll down. It did get stuck once but Matthew's Daddy was able to get it down without a ladder (He's about 6 ft 7 in). Collin swung in the big boy swing which Matthew had not done before so Matthew wanted to try. He did great for his first time.











It was time for a snack and to go inside. After a snack, it was time for some entertainment. Matthew had a drum set. He started to play and Collin was in awe. He wanted to join in and got his own set of sticks to help out. This is what that sounded and looked like.



Collin was not ready to go when I was ready to. Daddy was home early so I wanted to spend some time with him. Plus, I knew that we were going to see some new friends that night and I wanted Collin to get some rest before that happened.


Because Collin was asleep in the car from the trip back from Matthew's house, I stayed with him while Daddy got ready for us to go to see some new friends. Collin ended up getting over an hour nap that way and was ready to play with the boys there. He met Korbin, a 3 1/2 year old that lived there and had a great playroom. Collin liked that there were balls and cars. He had dinner with Korbin and then played upstairs most of the time. I was proud that he eventually played upstairs without having me be there the entire time to watch him. I did like that he would occasionally "check in" by coming down to show me a new toy he was playing with and say "hi". I even got a kiss a few times.....what a sweet little boy. We stayed until 8:30pm. Collin was asleep by 10pm after reading his Christmas books that we found in the boxes earlier that day. He loves for me to read him the Night Before Christmas because Santa is in the pictures.

No comments: