Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Mommy did it"

Collin is becoming a little storyteller. It's good that he has a great imagination but, when we want to know what really happened, we have to keep asking questions until we get the accurate answer. I have already posted about him coming up with reasons he needs something or cannot do what we ask him to do. Tonight, some examples were:
  • "I need this pillow behind my back because my tummy hurts" - when we were reading books
  • "Look Mommy, I have a zit like you that I got from taking a bath" - he was pointing to his mosquito bite on his cheek when he said this. From taking a bath....really?
  • "I can't brush my teeth because I still have fish stuck in my teeth" - which is exactly why he needs to brush his teeth.
  • "Mommy did it" - when I asked him why he kicked and broke the door to his armoire. I just sat there and saw him kick the door and break it off. I told him that I saw him to it and he insisted that he did not. Ugh...we are starting that already? he has said things like this and blaming others for the last few days.

Before taking a bath, he wanted me to stand behind him and put my arms over his shoulders. He then started to walk and told me I was his backpack and he was Dora the Explorer. I thought that was creative because Dora does talk about and wear a backpack in her cartoon.

The funniest, most exaggerated story was when I was giving him a bath. This might be a little detailed for some of you so consider yourselves warned. I was bathing him and noticed that he was red in the genital area. I asked him if he hurt or it burned with the soap on it. He said "No, it does not hurt. It did not hurt today either when I was playing on the playground and hit my penis in the dirt. I am better now Mommy". A "yes" or "no" would have been sufficient but I did ask him, didn't I?

No comments: