Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Take your shoes off Mommy"

Yesterday morning, Collin woke up earlier than usual. I was not too surprised because he went to bed early. I was in the kitchen making breakfast and about to leave for work. He walked in the kitchen and the first thing he said to me was "Take your shoes off Mommy". Assuming he meant for me to take my shoes off to stay home, I asked him why he wanted my shoes off. He replied with "Do you have to go to work today?". I thought this morning would be rough since I just spent four solid, wonderful days with him. I told him that I was going to work and that he gets to go to school to see his friends and started listing them off. I could tell that he was paying attention and was OK with this. I quickly changed the subject to breakfast....which is what he usually asks for when he wakes up. I asked what he wanted and started to make it. He was fine when I had to leave and gave me a HUGE hug and a kiss. I headed to the front door to leave and he was fine because he went back to his chair to continue to eat.

No comments: