Monday, November 22, 2010

Cheering for Ethan.....and then cookies!

Yesterday afternoon, we went to watch Ethan play in the football playoffs. Collin at first said he did not want to go. I know it's because he was really tired and could use a nap. I would have stayed home but knew he would enjoy watching the game.....which he did.

When we first got there, he was not sure why Ms. Kristen was yelling at Ethan. Then, I explained she was happy for him and was yelling so he could hear her because he was on the field. This explanation did not matter....he still stared at her when she yelled or chanted. Then, I started to do it so he would understand that's just what you did hat sporting events. I could hear him join in when we started to say "Vikings, Vikings, Vikings". After about 20 minutes, Collin was cheering for Ethan saying "Go Ethan". He was not loud, but I could hear him. Later, he said "Go Daddy, Go Mommy". I laughed and knew this was the reaction he wanted. He then started calling out friends from school....and then laughed. I knew he was having fun.

He did watch the game most of the time asking me what was happening. Then, some older boys sat below us and Collin started to watch their every move....and would try to copy them. He sat like they did (with their feet on the bench below) and wanted his snack because they were eating.

We came home and I thought he would be so tired that he would want to take a nap. Silly me!! He got out of the car and walked over to the neighbor's house (Max and JP) to see if they were outside. I was proud of him for doing this on his own and not asking me to go with him. They were not outside so he wanted to throw the balls on the roof of our house (refer to post a week or so ago). He did that for about 20 minutes until the neighbor across the street came out to play basketball. Collin walked over and watched him play. When he went inside, Collin started to play with the ball. We were outside for over an hour and then Daddy came home.

After dinner, Collin decorated cookies that I baked the night before (thinking ahead). He did great with spreading the icing on the cookie but DUMPED the sugar sprinkles on the icing. He kept wanting to take the lid with the sprinkle holes on it off so pour out the sugar. He was having fun and being creative so I did not stop him. He only ended up eating one and was finished. I was fine with this because I did not want the kid to be on a sugar high before bed.





He must have enjoyed his day because he was in bed asleep by 9pm.

No comments: