Saturday, November 13, 2010

Buzz Lightyear and Chi Chi Wauwa

It's been awhile since I have posted because I was in Nashville for training most of the week. I was looking forward to Saturday and spending the entire day with Collin....which started at 6:50am. He walked over to my side of the bed, threw Jimmy on the bed and then told me, "Mommy, get up and let's go to the kitchen". I guess this was his way of telling me that he wanted breakfast. I had him crawl in bed with me and told him I needed two more minutes. He turned his face towards me and told me to quit snoring on him. I told him I wasn't and he said I was because I was breathing on me....which he demonstrated. I guess it was time to get up.


I made us eggs and toast. He had two eggs with ketchup (yuck, this is Daddy's influence) and some of his toast. He then wanted to watch a movie and picked out It's a Bug's Life. He watched less than half of it because he was getting bored and because the garbage man was going down our street. He likes to watch the garbage men do what they do and wave to them. He wanted to go outside but it was 55 degrees and he was not dressed for it. I did let him stand near the front door which was good enough for him.


We then went to Jacob's house to play for a few hours. We arrived to Jacob watching Toy Story 3. Collin got bored and wanted to play in the playroom. Jacob was not interested and he threw a little fit. Finally, he came in and played with Collin. They ended up bringing the soft blocks in the hall, built a wall and took turns crashing through it. Collin saw Jacob's Buzz Lightyear wings on the table and wanted to wear them to "help him crash through the blocks". The boys took turns wearing the wings or the Buzz Lightyear costume and crashing through the blocks. They were having a blast! Here is just a few minutes of what it looked like.







The boys then got hungry and stopped to have a snack of water and homemade banana bread. Collin finished his and said it was yummy. They then played with the trains for a little bit. Jacob was really tired because he was grouchy and crying a lot. It was time for us to leave.

We ran some errands. One was to Whole Earth Provision to pick out some Melissa and David toys for Collin for Christmas. He immediately picked out a large stuffed animal, a chihuahua. He had fun picking out some small alligators, farm animals and dinosaurs. I did put most of them back without him looking. He picked out a few other things and we checked out (I managed to put several of the toys back and ended up with a farm house that included farm animals, silly bands and the chihuahua. I did let him have the stuffed dog now and hide the rest of the toys in the car. He called the dog, "little dog" at first. I told him it was a chihuahua and did he want to call him Chuy. He said no and said "his name is Chi Chi Wauwa". I smiled and Collin knew that I liked that name.
Collin fell asleep on the way home. I knew he was tired when we left Jacob's house. It took him this long to fall asleep. I thought I would be able to transfer him to his bed when we got home. When I drove up and saw the neighbor's house had people working on the roof and using a leaf blower. There was no way that Collin would stay asleep. I tried to get him to nap on the couch but he wasn't having it.




After about an hour, he wanted to play outside. All of the neighborhood boys were playing. Collin and the youngest, John Paul, threw balls to each other. Collin showed John Paul how to throw the ball on the roof. John Paul wanted to play in Collin's playroom which we did after getting permission from his daddy. The boys had a good time and John Paul did not want to leave when it was time to go. Collin told him that he loved him as he was leaving and gave him a hug. That's my sweet boy.

After dinner, we went outside to play because it was such a nice night and was forcasted to rain tomorrow. We threw the ball to each other for over an hour. Collin had me throw the pool blow up ball to him so he could hit it in the air. He was really good about hitting it most of the time and sometimes, really high into the air.

Collin was really tired and his eyes were red. I was hoping he would go to bed early because he needed it. So many times before when he looked like this, he ended up going to bed at his usual time. I started his bath early and was able to get him out quick because Pappy was over. Collin wanted to see Pappy before he left. He then ate an apple (he did not eat much today because he was so busy so I thought this would be OK and not delay the bedtime process much). He then went to his room and picked out books to read. Chi Chi Wauwa was there with him listening to me read them. I then said I wanted to get in his bed. He said "you are Collin and I am the Mommy". I crawled in bed and he sat on his knees on the side of the bed and sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". He then said "I am Collin now" as he crawled into bed. We talked about his day and then other people in his life. This is what we have been doing for several nights now. Tonight, we talked about mine, his, Daddy's Chi Chi Wauwa's and Monkey's. I sang one song to him and could tell that he was going to fall asleep soon. He was out at 8pm...an entire hour or so earlier than usual. Phew! I hope he does not get up early because of this.
What a great day with my son. I cannot wait until tomorrow.

No comments: