Tuesday, September 1, 2009

That's Using His Head

When I am in the kitchen trying to either make a meal or clean up after one, Collin is usually right there wanting to help. He grabs his stool and stands on it near me to be in the action whether that is washing dishes, cutting up fruit or making a meal. If he does not want to help but does want my attention, he has learned to stand between me and the cabinets and then push my legs backwards so I will move away from the counter. I am glad I am flexible because I can still finish doing what I was doing when he starts pushing me. If I still don't budge (nothing I can say will make him stop...he's 2 remember....it's his way or no way at all), he will put his head on my legs, lean into me and push with his head which does finally get me away from the counter. Now, that's using his head!

Also while I am in the kitchen, he likes to bring his bouncing balls in there to play with them. I will tell him "not in the kitchen" and he takes them back out. The other day, the little stinker tested me by driving one of his small cars with his hand over the threshold of the living area and the kitchen. He stopped, looked up at me to see if I was looking and said "not in the kitchen" and then smiled. What a turkey! I, of course, had to suppress a laugh or smile because I did not want this to turn into a game.

No comments: