Wednesday, September 30, 2009

School Update

Collin continues to do great in school. Yesterday, I had to drop him off because Daddy had an early morning meeting. We drove up to school, parked and I got Collin out of the car. He wanted to carry his snack bag and he reached up to hold my hand because he knew we would be crossing the street. Usually, he lets go of my hand as soon as we get inside the building. This time, he continued to hold my hand until we got to his class. They were getting ready to go outside. Collin knew to put his snacks away in his cubby (labeled #9) and then sat down with the rest of his "friends" to get ready and go outside. They were sitting in the hall by this time. I got a hug from him and walked away. Turning back around to look at him half-way down the hall, he was still sitting with his friends talking to them. Who knows what he was saying. At the end of the hall, I looked back again and he was looking at me. He waved and then turned back to his friends. What a difference from when he first started school.

Last week, when Mimi picked him up, the teacher told her that Collin had a million dollar smile. She said she did not know what it was but that his smile can melt your heart. I agree!!!

No comments: