Sunday, April 20, 2008

First Picnic

Instead of waiting for Collin to eat and then go to the park, I packed his bottle, blanket and other baby stuff and we headed to the park. Collin was not hungry when we got there so he swung for a little while. There was a little breeze out and he laughed every time the wind blew his hair. He quickly got bored of the swing so I got the blanket out. I put Collin on it to see what he would do. He crawled toward the stroller and stopped as soon as he got to the grass. He has seen grass before when Grandma H was in town and we went to the park with her. This time, instead of pulling it and putting into his mouth, he just studied it. Collin does that a lot these days....studying things. Anyway, I sat him up and he got back on his tummy so he could see the ground closer I guess. He got fussy so I gave him a bottle. He was really distracted by watching all of the people run by. I then got his ball out and we played "roll the ball to Collin". He laughs when the ball is rolled to him and lands between his legs when he is sitting up. He grabs it, picks it up and it eventually drops out of his hands and rolls back to me. He does not get bored of this quickly. We were playing this for a few minutes when the ball rolled past Collin. A little boy, later we found out his name was Kip, got the ball and threw it back to Collin. He came over to the blanket with his mom and was curious what Collin and I were doing. Collin immediately grabbed at Kip's curly blond locks and Kip did not know what to do. Then Collin touched Kip's arm and smiled. Kip was not amused and quickly lost interest. He mom said that is what I get to look forward to when Collin is 18 months old like Kip. Great....

No comments: