Thursday, April 3, 2008

First Night away from Mommy & Daddy

Last night Collin asked if he could stay over at his Mimi's house cause she was having a sleep over. Laura and I are in the final two weeks of our busy season and decided it was better to let him stick to his regular schedule and be asleep and stay asleep by 9pm. So when Linda offered to keep him over night we did it. She has asked many times before and neither of us were ready for him to be away from home. Well, about 15minutes after both of us were home and there was no baby sounds or smells we were regretting our decision and having thoughts of driving down to pick him up.
As you can imagine we have grown to be very close to the little bugger. I originally thought I would be the strong one and Laura would cave but it seems that I love him more than her, cause I sure was having Collin withdrawals. I know Laura missed him just as much, you would have thought we have had him a lifetime, heck we have only had him for a little over 7 months. How can we be this attached to him already?
So before going to bed we went up to check on him and think about where he would be in the bed by now as he moves a lot. I could not take it I missed him so much I ended up sleeping with his blanket. I know I know I am a big baby. But it had his smell on it and I could not stop thinking about how much fun he is.

P.S. I got to read a couple of books tonight to him before putting him to sleep and he told me that he missed us to. Although he had a lot of fun with his Mimi and he gets to see his other Grandmother next weekend. He is really looking forward to that.

Chris Holmes

1 comment:

Maria said...

Would you like to borrow a teething Matthew next time Collin spends the night at Mimi's? or perhaps Mimi could take Matthew too.. hee hee.