Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bike Ride....Short Lived


Since it was such a beautiful day out today, I thought Collin would enjoy a ride in his trailer. Before we could use it though, daddy insisted that Collin have a helmet to keep him safe. So, after a short nap, we went to the bike shop to get Collin fitted for his first helmet.


Then we went to Aunt Lisa's to hang out and wait for the weather to cool down a little so we could go for our ride. While at Aunt Lisa's, Collin rolled over onto his tummy and then quickly pulled his knees under him. I have seen him do this only a few times before. This time though, instead of falling back off of his knees, he was able to stay on them a little while. Then, he started to rock forward and backward while still on his knees. He fell back to his tummy after just a few rocks. Any day now, and he will not be sliding. I guess I will have to install the gates at the house next weekend.
When we got home, I got the bike ready by hooking the trailer to it. Then, I put Collin's helmet on. At first, he was not sure what was going on. I strapped him in the trailer and he could not sit up straight because the back of the helmet was in the way....besides probably being heavy on his head.

I then planned to ride around our neighborhood for about 15 minutes just in case Collin decided he did not like the helmet. He did really good in the beginning and was looking at the houses and the scenery as best he could since he could not really turn his head. As I continued to ride, Collin continued to fall over to one side. He did not look comfortable so I did stop to sit him up a few times. I thought he had enough so I headed back home. Glad I did because he started to fuss a little and then it turned into full on screaming. I think we will wait a few more weeks before we try that again.


Jogging stroller anyone?

No comments: