Sunday, March 16, 2008

Baby Proofing....Now!


We thought we had time to baby proof the house so we have not done much other than stick a few outlet plugs in the outlets on the 2nd floor. Collin had not been getting on his knees on a regular basis. He did not even get on his knees until this week. He must have thought it was fun because he has been "practicing" all day today! While we were at the bike shop, he got on his knees in his pack and play and would start rocking back and forth. I would get him out to feed him and then put him back in on his back. He would immediately turn over and get back on his knees. He wore himself out one time and rested his head.....but he was still on his knees! hahaha I noticed his knees where red when I picked him up to leave. Do they make baby knee pads?

Then, tonight when I put him in his bed, he turned over and started practicing again. Usually at this time, he would lay there on his side and watch his music "soother" and listen to the music until he fell asleep. I normally leave the room as soon as I put him in his crib, but tonight I stayed to watch him practice. He got on his knees, yep, in his potato sack, and rocked toward his soother to turn it off. Then, he turned it back on but stayed on his knees.

Guess what we are doing next weekend? Yep, installing the gates at the stairs, lowering his crib mattress and installing latches in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Maria said...

He's going to do it.. he's going to do it.. Matthew seems like he is going to crawl.. but only when he doen't think we are watching... he gets distracted when we say something to him. Oh, they do make knee pads for crawling.. I bought some at Babies R Us. Of course my father-in-law laughed and said Matthew doesn't need them. We haven't used them yet.