Thursday, December 20, 2007

Updated Stats for Santa's Little Helper


Collin had his 4 month appointment today. He showed up in a Christmas outfit that Grandma Esch gave him and was the hit of the waiting room.
He now weighs 14lbs and 8 oz. He gained 5 lbs in 2 months. He was in the 25% of his age group on weight and now he is in the 50% group. No wonder he is wearing me out trying to keep him full!!! I KNEW he was a hungry boy. He is 24 3/4 inches long (still in the 25% of his group) and his head circumference is now 16 1/2 inches which is 50% of his group. He also got his second round of shots. There sure is nothing wrong with his lungs. I think that was the loudest I have ever heard him cry. He seems like he is feeling OK this afternoon after all of that.
The "vet" did say that he can start on a tsp of rice cereal tomorrow. If he does not have an allergic reaction to it by tomorrow night, then we can increase the serving to 2 tsp the next day until we reach 4 tsp a day. She only wants us to do this once a day mainly to see if he seems satisfied from being hungry late at night/early in the morning and to get him used to using a spoon for when he does start other solids in about 2 months. I sure do hope that this will help him sleep through the night longer than he does right now...although, he slept over 6 hours last night. His first ever....at least that I can remember. Mommy brain has truly set in these days.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Yay Collin! Keep eating and growing! So the vet is happy with his progress..hee hee.. I used to call my OB/GYN the vet.