Monday, December 17, 2007

Santa's Little Helper

Last night, Collin supervised me wrapping Christmas presents. He really liked the crinkling noise the wrapping paper made. We discovered he liked this noise when Mimi was opening the mail this weekend and the "window" in the envelope made the crinkle sound. Collin, who was crying before the noise because he got bored with what he was doing, stopped crying. Mimi made the noise again and Collin turned toward her direction. She gave him the envelope and he studied it and started to smash it and make the noise himself. He laughed a few times when he did it and made the noise. Speaking of laughing, we have noticed that he will laugh a few times during his sleep. He is not awake when he does this. It's SO cute, he will laugh and then smile.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hmm, I am going to have to try wrapping presents with Matthew around. I have been thinking that this is one of those tasks that I want to do while he is sleeping. I think I will follow Mimi/Laura/Collin's lead here.

Maria said...

Update.. I tried this.. and it didn't work. Matthew fussed the whole time and didn't seem the least bit interested in the crinkly paper. Maybe he was hungry. He's always hungry.