Monday, November 26, 2007

Survivors

I am happy to report that both Collin and I survived my first day back at work. Based on what grandma told me when I picked him up, Collin's day was relaxing and uneventful compared to mine. She said that other than eating and a little "tummy time", Collin slept most of the day. Is this the same kid? He rarely took good naps for me when I was off work. He better NOT be getting his nights and days mixed up now.

My day was not the same and I sure did wish I could have taken a nap like Collin did. After getting to work uneventfully and not panicking when I left the house without him (dad has the morning shift now), I arrive in my office and wonder if I locked the car or not. After taking 30 minutes out of my day to the car and back, I discovered that I DID lock the car. That put my mind at ease checking though. Next was the joy of pumping at work. My office does at least have a room set aside for this but I have to go to another floor which includes changing elevator banks. When I arrived at the room, there was another mommy already in there so I had to wait about 10 minutes. So, that round trip took about 45 minutes. The afternoon session was much better. Other than the extra work-out walking to the car and back this morning and pumping twice, I was busy working on a deadline I have tomorrow. This did help my mind not wonder to thoughts of Collin too much. I only called grandma once....so did daddy I found out. I left the office to pick up Collin this afternoon and ended up being in the car for an hour and 45 minutes. I have to find another route or a different meeting point because both Collin and I were WAY hungry when I got home tonight. Overall, not a bad first day back at the office.

Let's see how the rest of the week goes.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I am glad to hear tha your first day back at work went well. I had my first day of work with Matthew, but worked at home.