Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Daddy's Day Off, By Chris


Today, Tuesday was a Father and Son day. It started out great, Collin likes to play and talk in the morning. I knew it was going to be a good day when Collin told me that he was going to take care of me like he does Mommy. So the day began with a diaper surprise that seemed to be the theme of the day. After clearing that all up I was told rather emphatically that it was time to feed Collin, NOW! So I did.

Then we were off running around doing stuff just being out together. I realized that a few of the older women that we came across were puzzled to see me out with my son and they had a strange look on there face while looking around for the Mommy. I also thought they were wondering why I was not at work. On the other hand the younger women really were captivated by my son, as he is a real charmer. Something about that smile that makes you melt. This would have been a good thing had I been single. Anyways after a few hours out we headed back home for food and a nap(both of us). We quickly awoke when Collin very loudly told me he was VERY Dirty and needed a change. He was not lying. Then we headed out again. While out we went for a walk him in the stroller and me pushing him around, it is amazing how time gets away from you when you are looking at your son look around at everything. I am real excited to see him view the world around him with wonder, and I would really like to know what he is thinking.

Back at home for another feeding and this time we decided to play in the swing and on his floor blanket with the dangly things. This was a good time to read a couple of books as he really enjoys reading time. I will tell you I am not sure if I was doing the reading or if he was telling me what was on the page, he talked so much. At this time we took a couple of pictures so we could show Mommy how he was dressed, and let her know he was alive and happy. Collin asked to be dressed just like daddy so we wore matching Maroon shirts.
The day ended with a trip to the grocery store then dinner with Mommy while Collin Slept the whole time in his baby seat. He is so much fun and such a joy to be around, I can not wait until the next day I get to spend with him. I look forward to our Tuesdays together and watching him with wonder growing up in this world. When I wake up tonight at 3am to reset his pacifier I will look down on him with a smile knowing the great day we had, our first time together, alone.

1 comment:

Maria said...

That does sound like a great day, Chris. Yes, it seems that the "chick magnet" qualities of Collin are lost on the married guy :)