Monday, February 10, 2014

New Friends

Last night, we were invited to a neighbor's house for dinner.  I have known Isa and her husband, Herman, for a few years now and really got to know Isa through Team Wonder Woman last year.  She has been wanting us to come to dinner and last night worked out great. Daddy could not make it because he was out of town.  He will have join us next time.

We arrived and Collin was shy.  He clung to my leg and did not want to talk to Maria Teresa, their 5 year old little girl.  He stayed by my side and went to the kitchen were I planned to help with dinner which was salmon, risotto and salad.  He snacked on the appetizers while we talked.  Maria Teresa kept wanting him to play in her playroom.  I did walk back there with him but he really did not want to play with "girl toys".  He did stay back in her playroom and did not want to come out when it was time for dinner.  Guess he liked her now...or at least found some toys to play with. 

They were having so much fun that they both did not want to come out to eat.  I was fine with this because Collin is not a big dinner eater anyway.  While the parents were eating, the kids did come out and started laughing saying that there were fireworks in the other room.  I found out later that the "fireworks" was the picture that kept showing on the computer screen saver in the office.  They were being really quiet later and we noticed that someone turned the movie The Croods on.  No wonder they were quiet but did seem to get alone.

After the movie, they did come out of the playroom to eat.  Collin found my phone and started to take pictures.  I did make him wait until he finished eating.  While the adults had dessert (the kids were not interested in ice cream....I should have known they were up to something), the kids were apparently taking lots of pictures that I noticed as I scrolled through my phone later.  I was actually glad Collin did this because he captured some memorable moments from the evening.  We will have to do that again sometime....our treat this time. 

Isa looking in the frig for the homemade yummy dessert

This was Collin's favorite appetizer - veggie chips.  He ate all of the green ones.  It's at least a way to get him to eat something green.

Cute Maria Teresa.  Nice job with the picture Collin!

Mommy wanting her camera back

The mommies

No comments: