Monday, February 10, 2014

Funeral, Ninja and "Not" a Sleepy Boy

Collin had a busy day Saturday which really was not unlike any other weekend day.  He and I attended a funeral for one of our neighbors in the morning.  Because we had just gone to Grandma Filla's funeral, he was aware of what a funeral was.  However, this time, this was really a memorial service and not a funeral.  So, his first question was were was the lady?  He could not see her laying up front.  I explained that she was already buried with just her family watching.  Then he wanted to know now long we were going to stay.  I said 30 minutes not knowing how long the service would be. It did seem like it was moving along though.  When it came time to sing, Collin did try to see a few words and wanted me to move my finger along the lyrics as I song.  Eventually, the service was over and Collin did really well. He wanted to know where the cookies were so we walked to the sanctuary where the refreshments we already set up.  He selected two brownies and wanted to go.  I said we at least had to say "hi" to Mr. Don before we left and we did.

On the way home, I stopped by a dollar store to see if they had something we could use to make his Valentines for his class and they did. They also had this a Ninja head cover, vest and sword.  Because Collin was so good at the funeral service, I thought it would be good for him to have two sets of these so he could play with a friend when they were over.  He still loves to play dress up.  He was SOOO excited about the Ninja stuff that he immediately put it on when we got home....and did not want to take it off.  Best $3!





We did not have plans the rest of the day until we learned that Oliver and Lucy, with their parents, were going to see the new Legos movie.  Collin was excited to hear this and wanted to go so we bought tickets too (ugh...terrible movie!).  I could tell that Collin was tired so I made him at least lay down with me so he would not fall asleep during the movie.  For 10 minutes, all I heard was "I'm not tired!" as he was rubbing his eyes.  Well, OK, just lay here....eventually, he did fall asleep. Daddy came in to check on us and I asked him to put a towel under Collin.  As he was moving him around, Collin talked in his sleep and said, "I'm not tired!" and then fell back asleep and started to snore again.

He had a great time at the movies sitting between Oliver and Lucy.  I enjoyed looking over at him and hearing him laugh.   At least he seemed to enjoy the movie.  As soon as we came home, Daddy and I had to leave for a 50th birthday party.  Mimi was at the house to watch him and spend the night because Daddy and I were leaving in the morning for the first race of the season.  I was on a team with Oliver and Lucy's mommy.  I rode the bike and she ran.  We did end up getting 1st...by at least 5 minutes and were estatic with each of our times and performance.

No comments: