Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Mommy, Where Are You Going?"

This has been a busy week at work with everyone finally back from the holidays.  Plus, I have had to write two articles and give a presentation.  So, I have been leaving 30 minutes earlier in the morning to get started before everyone shows up to the office. 

This morning as I was walking out the door, I hear "Mommy!!!".  I could not see Collin because it was still dark outside and I did not turn any lights on before I left.  I was at the front door about to close it on my way out.  Coming from the hall, I could see Collin running out and rubbing his eyes.

Collin:  "Where are you going?"

Mommy:  "Work"

Collin:  "Why?"  OK, I can tell that I am not going to get out of this quickly...but I was not in a rush to spend these extra few minutes with my favorite little man.

Mommy:  "I need to work today"

Collin:  "What will you be doing there?"

Mommy:  How do I explain tax returns and clients at 6:30am?  "I will be looking at papers, calling people on the phone and attending meetings."  There, he should be bored by now.

Collin:  "Will some people call you?"

Mommy:  "They probably will and I will talk to there for a little while"

Collin:  "OK, let me kiss you goodbye"......and those were some of the sweetest kisses that I would have missed out on if I had rushed out and tried to squash his questions.

I will probably have a smile on my face today whenever I am talking to people on the phone and doing what I described I would be doing today.

No comments: