Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"When is the Tooth Fairy Coming?"

No, Collin did not lose a tooth yet. He does not even have any loose teeth. He has been talking about loose teeth and that some of his are loose including a few of the back ones....not knowing that the back ones will be there awhile.  I thought he might be asking because several of his friends have lost teeth and were probably taking about it at school.

Tonight, he wanted to read a book I got him last year in preparation of the big event....losing his first tooth. The book is called You Think it's Easy Being The Tooth Fairy?  The first time we read it, he had so many questions about the tooth fairy, why would he loose teeth and when. Since then, he has been checking his teeth out.  That was about a year ago. Still no lost teeth.

Tonight, we had picked books out to read.  After reading the first book, he switched out the next one for the tooth fairy book. It has been at least several weeks since I read it to him.  This time, he was upset he had not lost a tooth and asked, ""When is the Tooth Fairy Coming?"   I told him he needed to loose a tooth first. I asked him why he wanted her to come thinking that he was interested in the money. He said, "I want to see what she looks like.  Will I roll over on her because she is so small?  Will I be able to see her?"  I told him he would not see her because she is so quiet when she is there getting teeth. He seemed OK with this explanation. 

Until the next time week talk about the Tooth Fairy. 

No comments: