Friday, June 14, 2013

On the Road Again - Day 7

This morning, we packed up the RV and started heading home.  Before we left, yes, we did have to play at least one round of mini-golf.  I also talked Collin into playing on the playground for about 45 minutes while I had a load of clothes washing.  During this time, Daddy got some much needed sleep for the drive today.

During the 8 hour drive today, Collin and I played several games of the Memory game (aka matching).  I was worn out after five games because of the bouncy road and trying to keep Collin honest while he played (he wanted to peek at the cards before flipping them over or not letting me play again if I found a match).  However, I am glad we played because I did MUCH better this time than just 6 days before.  When we played the day after chemo, my mind was really foggy and it was tough to remember where the cards were.  I was so happy to have played better because this let me know that the "fog" I experienced was only temporary. 

When we were not sitting at the table, this is how Collin liked to travel

Watching a movie at the front of the RV


After the card game, Collin watched Superman, while I finally read one of the several books I brought to read on the trip. 

We ended up in Goodland, Kansas tonight.  While Daddy was checking in, Collin and I got out to stretch our legs and see what this campground had to offer.  He started walking towards the playground and then saw the mini-golf course.  He got all excited and quickly ran over to the course.  "Can we play?!?!??!"  OMG!!  I cannot believe we had to find a campground with another golf course.  Only because it was sprinkling did we not play.  I did not think it woudl be a good idea to play with a metal club when there could be lightening.  Thank goodness.....I don't think I could handle playing another game of golf.  I am sure we will have to play in the morning before we leave.
HUGE canvas of Van Gogh's Sunflowers in Goodland, KS

The canvas is out of place in this farm town


"The sun is in my eyes!"  but he was still smiling


No comments: