Saturday, May 18, 2013

Update...I know it's been awhile!

Since I last posted, there has been so much that has happened. 
  • We moved back into our remodeled house on April 25th which was also my second round of chemo.  They weren't quite ready for us, but Daddy wanted me in my house so that I could endure round #2 in my house.  As of today, three weeks later, there are still minor changes that need to be made in the house (paint touch up, door bell...yep, they lost it, electric, some plumbing, etc) but we are at least back in our house and not cramped in the little apartment.
  • I started back to work two weeks ago at a reduced schedule of 32 hours a week.  I don't think it's reduced enough but I will work what I can each week.
  • Collin has sports activities each day on the weekend.  Tball games are Saturday and soccer is Sunday.
So, if you can imagine work, moving and unpacking the new house, attending Collin's games and some school activities, I have not had much energy to sit and update the blog.  There has been times that I wanted to but knew that it was best for me and the family to rest.

So, about soccer.  Collin played last year on the church league team and did fine.  He loves to run so we knew he would love to play soccer.  However, there was not much time to teach skills to the kids so they all ran after the ball no matter what.  This year, one of Collin's classmates, Brody, was playing on a 3-on-3 league.  Not only is there a weekly hour practice, but the kids get to play the ball more often and for an extended period of time.  In just six weeks, he has learned to control the ball SO much better.  He dribbles, kicks the ball at an angle if needed, passes sometimes, talks on the field to the other players and even scores at least once during each game.  He's an entirely new soccer player.  I am sure we will continue to play in this league for several more years.  He likes it so much, that he wants to practice every day.  Brody lives in the neighborhood so the boys got together for a practice game Saturday afternoon.  What a HUGE difference in both the boys during the game the next day.  Connor is also on the team, lives down the street from Brody and joined in much later.





He also got better playing Tball but it was not his love like soccer.  He has always been great at throwing the ball but needed work fielding and hitting it.  This year, unlike last year, they did have practice once a week which really helped.  They practiced hitting which really helped him.  We also practiced in the yard after school even without the T to hit the ball.  While the practicing helped him getting better at hitting, he still needs more work fielding the ball.  Because he can throw, he does play 1st base or the pitcher's mound area a lot.
Here's the leftie hitting the ball toward 3rd base
Headed to 1st base
Fielding the ball at 1st base

No comments: